re- occuring pre-eclampsia?

My husband and i are planning our second child. however i got sever pre-eclampsia with our first at barely 34 weeks, my bp was 180/120. im terrified that it will happen again and earlier. does anyoone know anything about this or have experience?

KJ_on

Asked by KJ_on at 11:17 AM on Feb. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• With my 1st pregnancy my pre-e signs started around 38/39 weeks with this baby it started around 20 weeks and is a lot worse than last time. I am having to go in for NST's twice a week, level II u.s once a month and my regular PNV once a week. The highest my BP has been is 185/103 so they finally started me on meds for my BP which seem to be helping for the time being. I really didn't think this pregnancy would be so must harder and high risk than last time. I am not saying this will happen to you by any means. Just telling you my personal experince. Good luck!!
    Cassidysmom611

Answer by Cassidysmom611 at 11:54 AM on Feb. 7, 2010

• I was an L/D nurse for years. My experience is that you are at higher risk for developing it again, but for goodness sakes, ask your doctor! I have been out of the field for almost 20 years, and there may be new treatments, etc....vitamins to take before getting pregnant or something. Good luck!!!!
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 11:19 AM on Feb. 7, 2010

• it would be a good idea to start making changes in diet and such that can help youir blood pressure stay lower. avoid stres. very low sodium diet, etc. you may be concidered a hig risk pregnany. your doctor will be able to give you all the info you need. good luck!
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 11:37 AM on Feb. 7, 2010

• I have excellent bp when not pregnant. also in good physical fitness and dont eat extra salt.
    KJ_on

Answer by KJ_on at 11:48 AM on Feb. 7, 2010

• The Brewer Diet is known to be very helpful! Be sure to investigate it.
    Good luck!
    :-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:05 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• cassidysmom- is it working? how far along are you now? ill be praying for you and you new litle one
    KJ_on

Answer by KJ_on at 12:49 PM on Feb. 7, 2010