should i play hookie from work

i have a terroble ethic i work ab 2 days a wk n they just got rid of my mgr so i am thinkin of skipping work to b with hubby on his off day n the kids r gone. what do u think lol

secondtyme520

Asked by secondtyme520 at 11:22 AM on Feb. 7, 2010 in Money & Work

• if u can afford it, your bills are paid and kids are safe, healthy, fed..... and u arent worried about job security I say have a totally awesome day :)

like we all haven't done something questionable with a sick day at some point in life
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 11:50 AM on Feb. 7, 2010

• you apparently don't seem to need the money, or your sucking off the system, so it really doesn't matter to you. Put yourself in someone else position.... and don't take for granted, what you have, because someday it'll come back on you and you won't have a job anymore.
    Good luck with that one.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Feb. 7, 2010

• I am so glad that you do not work for me

Answer by rkoloms at 11:28 AM on Feb. 7, 2010

• good point rkoloms
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Feb. 7, 2010

• I have a very hard time thinking about playing hookie. Even when one of my family is sick, I usually try to show my face in the office for a little while on that day. You said yourself you have a terrible work ethic, lol....can't you rearrange your days off to coincide with your hubby's????
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 11:31 AM on Feb. 7, 2010

• Girls, we really know nothing about this woman. We can't judge. If you don't need the money and no one is relying on you to be at your job, sure why not? If someone is relying on you to be there, though, I think you should go.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on Feb. 7, 2010

• Why even bother working if you rarely go?
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 11:39 AM on Feb. 7, 2010

• do what you want girl, its your life to live!
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 11:42 AM on Feb. 7, 2010

• I would say - Quit. There are many other people who need and would appreciate those hours and income... If you can't be reliable two days a week, what's the point?

And this I need to address - "like we all haven't done something questionable with a sick day at some point in life " No, we ALL haven't done something questionable with a sick day. I worked outside the home up until 3 years ago... I was with the same company for 7 years and took 4 sick days, because I was sick. I didn't get out of bed... If I could walk & talk - I went to work - I did my job! That's what a Good Employee does!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:56 AM on Feb. 7, 2010