What is the difference in being "raptured" v.s. being "abducted"?

I know that the bible says the church (aka ppl of a certain religion) will be raptured (taken up into the heavens) by God. I also know that Aliens (aka reptillians) have been refered to as Gods. And further more I know that many have reported to have been abducted (aka taken into the sky) by Aliens in UFO's.

So what is the difference in the two actions?

sugahmamma

Asked by sugahmamma at 11:30 AM on Feb. 7, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Well, I guess the big difference is when Aliens take people they tend to return them... Those being "raptured" are supposed to stay gone forever...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:50 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• you're absolutely correct and I believe in all honesty that the difference is one is fiction and one is fact. We all speculate we will be brought to heaven by a "god" and there are factual reports about alien abductions.......I guess the similarity would be that it all comes down to what we choose to believe.
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 11:41 AM on Feb. 7, 2010

• one difference is we (if we believe in the Bible) know of certain peoples to be 'raptured', in the future at a certain time and not to be returned....and alien 'abduction' is not known..at least not by people who haven't been 'abducted'.
    :)
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 11:57 AM on Feb. 7, 2010

• heh...I never thought of this! sounds about the same to me ; )
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:50 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• I wish my brain was a bible encyclopedia! lol But its not, so I am not finding rapture in the bible. Can you tell me about it?
    As far as alien abductions: You know how people become posessed by demons? Sometimes I think that a person being abducted are actually being posessed. Its just an idea of mine and its not concrete.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 1:27 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• Well, the difference would be that with the Rapture Jesus is taking His church to heaven to celebrate the Marriage Supper of the Lamb and prevent them from bearing the wrath that He is unleashing on the world during the Tribulation.

And an alien abduction (if they happen in body or out of the body) is an experience that is not led by God or Jesus, but what I believe is a demonic experience. (Hopefully IhartU doesn't come see this comment. She will let me have it! LOL : ) I personally believe that demons can present themselves in human form, as angels of light, as well as anything else for the purpose of decieving us. Many times when aliens appear to people they bring a message that contradicts Christian teaching. So if this experience happens it would not be at all the same as the rapture.

Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 3:07 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• BTW, does anyone remember that movie "Fire in the Sky"? I ran out the theater screaming (15 years old and terrified!).

Before I was a Christian I was so afraid of alien abductions!!!! I have seen UFO's before and they have such an EVIL vibe.

Anyways . . . LOL. Fun Question!
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 3:08 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• Raptor Rapture? :P
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 2:40 PM on Feb. 8, 2010