Does it make you mad when your DH/SO tells you to "calm down" or "relax" when you're upset about something?

It makes me want to hit him.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Feb. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• lol i cant stop lol this happens to all of us
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 5:50 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• omg yes.....because at that moment in time I don't feel like being calm or relaxed!
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 11:58 AM on Feb. 7, 2010

• It's not so much that he says it, it's HOW he says it...How am I supposed to calm down if I'm being told to chill the eff out????
    Ann_Ony_Mouse

Answer by Ann_Ony_Mouse at 12:03 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• I don't like being told to relax and that it is under control, I need to see that it is under control before I can calm down.
    coala

Answer by coala at 12:14 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• He doesn't usually do that. He lets me get it all out of my system and calm down on my own. Of course, I also don't say it to him. I know how unhelpful (is that a word? I don't know) it is, so I just don' t see the point. Not sure if that's something he taught me, or if I just figured it out on my own.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 12:18 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• YES!!!! Usually makes me upset even if I wasn't!
    plclemo

Answer by plclemo at 4:16 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• Well if we have to say it to each other we know we are going over board. Yes we both don't like it but later glad they said something so I will calm down.
    Anonymous

• Mine will sometimes say something similar but he's usually playing around when he does it (maybe to lighten my mood?).

Nope, wouldn't bother me... when I'm mad I don't really care what he's saying... lol
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 1:55 PM on Feb. 7, 2010