Heated argument question...Would you rather he call you a b***, a c***, or an idiot?

Of course, names are never nice, but the other day, my husband called me an idiot. Had I been the one driving, I would have pushed him out of the car. I looked at him and said, "Don't you EVER in your LIFE call me a f**** idiot again. That is ONE thing that I am not. I have never insulted your intelligence, and you have done some pretty stupid sh**. Call me a b***, because I can be that. Call me a c***, because I have one and you love it...but don't you ever call me an idiot again." He got really quiet-still didn't apologize until I made him his favorite dinner without being asked. I like "killing him with kindness"...Heap burning coals onto his head. I got more than just an apology. YAY FOR ME! LOL! But still-I can let b and c roll off my back...but don't insult my intelligence.
Wait. I'm still with him. I guess that's up for debate then! LOL!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:07 PM on Feb. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• i'd prefer that there be no name calling at all...that just shows immaturity to deal with issues....all three would bother the bejesus outta me
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 12:10 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• I would rather be called a bitch and if I make a stupid decision then tell me that I made a stupid decision, but don't call me an idiot, and don't ever use the c word. I find that one totally offensive.
    coala

Answer by coala at 12:10 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• All three would tick me off, but idiot would offend me the most.
    wahm_abbeyrose

Answer by wahm_abbeyrose at 12:11 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• rolling on floor very mature!  LOL... way to escalate a situation. 

Anonymous

• I've would have been on vacation for a couple of weeks from cooking. =]
    Anonymous

• None of them. Fortunately, my SO and I can actually disagree and work out a situation without resorting to name calling. We can even do it without yelling at each other.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 12:16 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• Really? I didn't escalate it. I deaded it and made him think. After it got quiet, we went back to normal. I was sweet like I normally am. We actually talked about things when we got home, and like I said-I made his favorite dinner. I still told him I love him-because I do. He annoys the piss out of me sometimes, but we've always been able to f*ck and make up! LOL!
    Anonymous

• i am really, really sensitive and emotional. luckily my DH remembers that, even in really REALLY bad fights. I think he did call me a "B" once... but I think I was being one :) the C word really bothers me, I think it'd freak me out
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 12:18 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• The C word never really bothered me. I find it hilarious. Really. Why would that bother me? I've been called it before, and I think I got more enjoyment laughing my @$$ off at being called that and seeing how much it p*ssed the person off who called me that that it didn't bother me.
    I rarely let insults that lack any forethought bother me. I think it's because I am pretty secure about myself. "Fat" doesn't bother me anymore. "White trash" makes me laugh, because it's so far from the truth. "Bad mother"-again-soooo far from the truth.
    I like making people mad by not letting them insult me no matter how hard they try.
    Anonymous

• I can't even describe how much I HATE the "C" word I think in 41 years I have said it once and I SOOOOOOO pissed at the girl I said it to
    as for which one I would rather have him call me...a Bi*ch I guess
    if he calls me an idiot it's usually in a joking kinda way so whatever
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:38 PM on Feb. 7, 2010