do u call your child something other than their real 1st name the majority of the time?

I was filling out school forms today for my son Blake and realized on a few places I put "Blaken" ... his 99.999% of the time nickname. My Mom started that over a year ago after he ate a pound of bacon in 1 sitting that was left cooling for BLT's on the counter.

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 12:22 PM on Feb. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Hahahahahaha

My dd's name is Madilyn Kate...we call her Maddie Kate most of the time. But I have a habit of calling her Katie Kate....just to be cute. My mother calls her Maddie lou...(not sure why) her brother calls her Patty Cakes....

Its amazing she knows her name at all.....ROFL ROLF ROFL....
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 12:25 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• I call Sierra Baby Doll most of the time or just baby.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 12:23 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• We gave our kids very proper long names... but we call each of them by the nick name that goes to that formal name.
    Anonymous

• thats funny.....and yes my oldest son was officially nicknamed "lalu" by my younger son in his attempt to say Tyler. LOL so now my son Tyler is called LaLu by everyone!! we say its his "thug" name lololol
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 12:24 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• Yes we do, but only when they are babies. We did it with my oldest, but now all we call him is his first name. If we even call him buddy he says hey i'm Gabriel, so the little one gets the nicknames now. LOL.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 12:26 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• There are nicknames for all but one of my kids. My oldest my dad calls "little guy"(and he's 18 and now 6'3 lol..not so "little" anymore LOL), my second son is "boots", he was born 10pds 4ozs and we nicknamed him buddha, which over time was shortened to bootsie then boots, My next son is called chubba cause he was so chubby when he was younger(and has now thinned out) but he still loves his nickname so we call him that, my next son is Dusty Doodles or D.D. bug(my mom calls him that) and then my daughter is Lay Lay(her name is kalaya) and my other son, we just call him john john since he was a baby so as to avoid confusion around here because his dad's name is john. He's a twin, and his brother is the only one without a nickname. But i'm sure we'll find one for him eventually.
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 12:28 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• well sorta, his name is andrew and i call him drew alot
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 12:29 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• mom2twobabes, I used to worry about that all the time!!!! My daughter knowing her real name!!! lol :) Her name is Molly but it become Malibu as a combination of Molly + Boo ... and then Molly Boo's and Molly Boo Boo's and then just Boo's and eventually Boozer. She is 3 now and thankfully knows to respond when someone says Molly, which is really only at the dr's office or something
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 12:29 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• Ha!!! I call my boy "Bud" or "Boog"-which isn't even close to his name. I call my girl, "Punkin" again-not even close to what her name really is!
    Ann_Ony_Mouse

Answer by Ann_Ony_Mouse at 12:30 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• yes I call samantha sami or sissy( this is what we use when we are talking to her brother about her) and I call ryne ryno or baby
    mom2ryneandsam

Answer by mom2ryneandsam at 12:34 PM on Feb. 7, 2010