Why cant these deployments stop...

Ive been so stressed about these deployments, my husband is in the air force and is supposed to be on a deployment cycle of 6 months on16 months off..but hes not even home yet and they are already talking about deploying him again at the end of the year, im just so stressed and scared I cant even imagine being without him THIS much..and they are talking about switching all air force to 6 months on 6 months off...how do they expected families to live that way? I know they dont care about the families but how do I explain to our child that daddy will never be home for another christmas or birthday? just thinking about it makes me have a panic attack. I cant sleep anymore & I want them to stop deploying our troops so much..how can they expect morale to be up so they can do their jobs when they never see their families again..there needs to be an in between, 16 month off I can handle and I was prepared for but this im just scared

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:13 PM on Feb. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I don't know what to say other then thank you to you, your son, and your husband for sacrificing your time for our country.
    Anonymous

• oh mommie I SECOND first responder and add Call AIr Force Community Services and STAY involved in their supports -I know there are military partners support groups here on cm. Look them up now mommy!!!!!!

lfl

Answer by lfl at 1:36 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• Wow I hadn't heard anything about them going to 6 months on and 6 months off. I know that the Air Force prides themselves on having the shortest deployments of all the branches so I really don't know why they would change it. I know some of my friends hubby's who have that kind of schedule but they are either cops or loadmasters who are gone a lot anyway. I wouldn't freak out about it too much just yet, a lot can change in that amount of time. I know there's been a few times where my DH was supposed to deploy and they changed the plans because someone else wanted to go, or they needed him here for his job, etc. I know it's happened to quite a few people who are supposed to deploy and then it suddenly changes. Also, when he's deployed, make sure you take advantage of everything the Air Force offers from the free daycare once a month to the free oil changes, etc. Also, build up a friendship with other wives, it helps a lot!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:49 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• Oh and I've been a Air Force wife for almost 13 years so if you have any questions or just need to chat, feel free to PM me!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:50 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• girl trying them being gone for a year or more at a time, with no set "off" time in between.
    Anonymous

• My son is leaving in April for his 6th trip. No wonder he's divorced. He is Air Force. DH is retired AF
    Anonymous