Is spotting with mucus normal?

Good Morning Ladies!
I am 6 weeks pregnant and had very minimal spotting yesterday which didn't worry since I have read that this is normal due to implantation.

However, this morning I had the same maroon colored spotting but was now accompanied by mucus. I have NOT experienced any cramping.

Is this normal? I fear miscarriage.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:18 PM on Feb. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• implantation bleeding, if it occurs (only about 20% of women actually experience it) will occur 3-5 days after conception. that being said, light spotting at 6 weeks is normal also. if it becomes heavier and/or is accompanied by by cramping, call your doctor.

increased vaginal discharge is also VERY common in pregnancy. its one of the first things i notice in pregnancy.

dont stress yourself too much, the best thing you can do is relax.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 1:37 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• as long as it is only spotting it is perfectly fine. The mucus is normal, you'll have that through your whole pregnancy. As long as you dont start bleeding, then I would say you are fine!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 2:29 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• yes i had a scare yesterday was in er was having bleeding lined with mucus all normal only thing not ever normal is dark heavy red bleeding light is fine.i was told gross is normal by doc
    joannabenjamin

Answer by joannabenjamin at 6:32 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• I have continued to have light spotting (dark in color), without any more mucus, every few hours and still no cramping. The spotting never reaches my underwear but only visible on toilet paper.

I am feeling a bit better about this. Still a bit nervous but I think it comes with the territory.

My other concern is that my breasts are no longer tender. This has been going on for a few days. Is is normal as well?
    SupriseImPregy

Answer by SupriseImPregy at 7:17 PM on Feb. 7, 2010