What else besides pregnancy can cause your period to be late?

I am 4 days late, and I am very regular. I have taken 2 HPT's but both are negative. Any other things besides stress? I always live with stress and it's never affected my periods in the past! Thanks in advance!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:26 PM on Feb. 7, 2010 in Health

• Menapause?
    Anonymous

• medical problem?
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 1:29 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• There are so many things that can affect your period to be late. Hormone change, having a cysts, stress, wanting to be pregnant and hoping you are so much you can throw off your period, eating habits, the change, weight change (lossing or gaining) and I'm sure there is more.

Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 1:29 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• stress
    anxiety
    depression
    tyroid
    hormones
    weight change(prev poster)
    phychological prgnancy...think and wanting soo bad to be...
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 1:33 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• OP HERE.

Thanks everyone! I really don't want to be pregnant so that's not it! I already have 2 kids, I am 25 so I don't think it's menopause, and I have anxiety, ocd, and depression but that has never affected my periods, I am very regular! As for cysts I have had them in the past but I am not even cramping! I guess if I don't start in the next few days I will be going to the doctors!! Thanks everyone so much!
    Anonymous

• i agree with sandraberke
    elias1mamma22

Answer by elias1mamma22 at 4:52 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• having insulin resistance that is what did it to me took me changing docs to figure it out now i am in 9th month of pregnancy
    joannabenjamin

Answer by joannabenjamin at 6:17 PM on Feb. 7, 2010