Snacks for playdate

I will be attending a weekly playdate and have been asked to bring a snack to share with the other moms/kids/babies. I am not sure what kind of snack to bring. Any suggestions?

1scrappinmama

Asked by 1scrappinmama at 1:33 PM on Feb. 7, 2010 in Food & Drink

• since you problaly wont know if anyone is allergic to nut or anything make sure if you make like penut butter celery sticks there on there own plate and properly label..i generlal go with the basics....fruit trays or fruit salads, yogurts,grham crackers and marshmellow fluff. veggie trays..altho i d k if kids will eat veggies...or depending ont he atmosphere pop scicles all natural and all juice. jello w/ fruit or just jello...
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 1:36 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• It depends on the group. If the group is health conscious you would want to bring healthy snacks and avoid things moms wouldn't want their kids to eat. Some other ideas might be mini muffins, cheese and whole grain crackers, deviled eggs (a personal fav), homemade whole grain bread, stuffed whole grain mini pita pockets, fruits & veggies.

It's easier if it's an anything goes group. I would still bring things that were somewhat nutritious. Pumpkin muffins or cookies, mini cheesecakes, carmel apples. I would avoid candy, things with artificial colors, soda, and things with no nutritional value that could cause wars between moms and kids.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:16 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• Trail mix, crackers with a yummy spread, mini sandwiches, muffins, homemade breads, but definately no candy or anything like that.
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 2:45 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• I always bring a box of cheez its or a thing of grapes if they are on sale. Try to think of finger foods that are not to messy but that everyone likes to eat.
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 3:01 PM on Feb. 7, 2010