For future reference, how do you get permanent marker off of skin?

MythicMMM

Asked by MythicMMM at 1:33 PM on Feb. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Baby wipes usually did a reasonable job. Plus regular washing and some time.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 1:38 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• lol.. let me know when you find a solution. for some reason, my youngest always seems to find a marker to draw with. it's not even permanent marker (i keep those out of reach), it's the ones they use for coloring. and i don't know what it is, but her skin absorbs ink like a sponge. after she draws on her arms or legs, i'll try to wash it off with soap & water as soon as i notice it. but it usually stays on for at least another day or two. so i'll be watching this post with you. =P
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 1:44 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• Rubbing alcohol, dish soap.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 1:49 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• oh, and try rubbing a little oil on it after you wash it, and then wash it again... it helps to draw it out. I always got it on myself when I was working construction, and thats what worked for me. GOJO works too- and moisturizes- have used it on my 2 year old when he got into perm marker.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 1:50 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• We always use baby wipes. We just hold the wipe on the skin for a couple of minutes and then rub. It might take a couple of times, but it works. I couldn't use the rubbing alcohol on my kids because they have the same sensitive skin that I do and it leaves large red spots when we use it.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:02 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• we use the Mary Kay oil free makeup remover, it will take ANYTHING off skin and its not hard on skin, its not that expensive either and works Great!1
    cowgirl_mommy05

Answer by cowgirl_mommy05 at 4:28 PM on Feb. 7, 2010