do you like the name Alex for a girl?

i like it, but im not sure if DH will. he has shot down EVERY name that i have suggested, and thats a long list lol.

an suggestions on a middle name to go with it?

erika_wright

Asked by erika_wright at 1:34 PM on Feb. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• No, it's just to common. My son's name is Alexander and so we call him Alex. I have never been a fan of the name but it's a family name, which is why he got it. Otherwise, I wouldn't have named him that...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:36 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• yeah i was thinking that, i purposely lok at the top names list so i can avoid them lol.

my daughter is Elliot. even though its not uncommon for boys, it is for girls.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 1:39 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• not really. But thats because have some friends with"boy" or "unisex" names and they hate them now that they are grown. they got picked on as children too. What I suggest is Alexis, and call her Alex for short or as a nickname. So then her name is more "fitting". KWIM? I hope that came out right.
    EarthMama05

Answer by EarthMama05 at 1:39 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• I have a friend named Alexa, I like that better then plain Alex. You can always call her Alex, but then she has a feminine alternative when she is older.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:42 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• So you have girls with boy names? You know they're going to get teased for that right?
    Anonymous

• Anon 2:28 - Alex is actually a really common girl name.

My only problem with it is that it is really popular, like the PP's said. I do think it's cute. I like Alexa or Alexia as a full name and Alex as the nickname.
    mickstinator

Answer by mickstinator at 3:41 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• i know lots of girls w boys names, who never got teased. most of the family calls my daughter ellie. iliked elliot and dh liked ellie so that was our compromise.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 3:42 PM on Feb. 7, 2010