Should I wait to arch my baby's eyebrows?

My 2 year-old has bushy eyebrows. They're not as bad as some I've seen, but they still drive me crazy. I think if I use a little ice to numb the area before I start waxing she should be fine, but my husband refuses to let me. He thinks she's too young. Am I wrong to think that it's never too early to look good?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:43 PM on Feb. 7, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• wow, yea I agree with your husband...don't subject your two year old to waxing......she's going to develp self image issues because you, not her, wants her eyebrows to be thin an arched....wow im astonished.
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 1:45 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• omg I hope this is a joke. NO, do NOT bother that child's eyebrows. Listen to your husband. Why can't parents find beauty in their children as they are? You will scar the child for life if you keep that attitude up while she's growing up. She will always think you don't love her as is and she's never good enough for you. Please be a troll trying to be funny. I'd hate to think there is really a mom out there who thinks like this.
    Anonymous

• wowt bad mom alert. are you also got buy her make up at 5 and let her dress like a whore at 10!! no wonder kids now days have such bad images about themsleves poor kid
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 1:47 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• I hope your kidding. seriously your going to wax your 2 yr olds brows? Leave the poor baby alone
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 1:48 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• I'm with your husband on this one. She's got all her life to suffer through painful beauty rituals and thinking she's not pretty enough - there's no reason to start her off on it now. Let her enjoy her life and believe she is pretty just the way she is for a little while at least.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 1:48 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• Umm all I have to say is I agree with the first mom...
    Cannons-Mom

Answer by Cannons-Mom at 1:48 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• Sure, why not, just go ahead and make sure to get her some nice acrylic nails to make her look super cute! Oh, and while you're at it why not just go ahead and give her some diet tips.

It's not like we want to teach our children that they're perfect the way they were made, right?

ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 1:51 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• I agree with your DH leave the eyebrows alone, that is a very young age to start that. Heck I wont even wax my own i use other non painful methods lol, i would never do that to my child.

I would think that 2 y/o's are cute no matter what why would you want to start causing self esteem issues at an early age? Saying its never to early to look good just sounds very sad when speaking about a 2 y/o.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:57 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• I call Bullsh*t.. OP, I truly hope you're just stirring the drama pot. If not...be adviised Hot waxing a 2 year old ANYWHERE would be considered abuse in most places.
    Anonymous

• Yeah, please dont do that. Waxing hurts.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 1:57 PM on Feb. 7, 2010