is it normal for a baby to hang out on one side of your uterus?

I'm 18 weeks and it feel as though my baby likes to be on my left side. Does this mean anything important?....Is it also another wifes tale about boy vs girl?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:46 PM on Feb. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• it menas nothing important! just that they like to be comfy over there! The old wives tale, is just that, an old wives tale.
    My daughter was always on my right side and she always had her lil butt sticking out so I looked super lopsided lol.
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 2:27 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• No, no biggie. ;-)
    You might have a placental implantation that encourages baby's position to be opposite.
    Do you know where your placenta is located?

doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:28 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• You can't tell anything by the way the baby is positioned.. My first LOVED my right side. My belly looked funny for awhile because it was lopsided lol. I tried EVERYTHING to get him in the middle (pushing him to the middle.. he would move back as soon as I moved my hand, I tried laying on my left side hoping he'd fall into the middle... no such luck.) I'm not sure where my current fetus will end up (15weeks) it hasn't gotten quite big enough for me to feel it. Can't wait though.. hopefully in the next couple weeks!
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 3:45 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• yeah my lil guy loves my right side.and i can always tell were he is i get a big lump lol
    joannabenjamin

Answer by joannabenjamin at 6:24 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• Yep, normal. Also, the left side is actually the ideal birthing position, because the baby would have to turn to your left side to fit through your pelvis anyway. Good luck!
    babymomma2941

Answer by babymomma2941 at 12:48 PM on Feb. 9, 2010