What do you say or do when your dh/so says something stupid?

I am in my late 40's and lately I have been getting my feelings hurt so easily lately. the other day I have decided to make Lasagna from scratch my kids and myself liked it but nooo my dh had to make a stupid comment like it needs more this or that. I mean I made the lasagna, a beautiful salad, garlic bread. I don't know but it pissed me off but I ate feeling like I had a lump in my throat. I let it go. I had too but I just wanted to cry :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:58 PM on Feb. 7, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• He doesn't do it very often, but when he does, I tell him. I'm just like, "hey, babe, that really hurts." or "that was really out of line" or whatever. He usually knows even before I say something that he was wrong, and starts to apologize before I say anything. Just tell him that it hurts you. If he doesn't feel bad, and does this on a very regular basis, consider the possibility that this may fall under verbal/mental/emotional abuse.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 2:26 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• You should tell him how you feel. When my So does that and realises her hurt my feelings, he always feels bad.
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 2:37 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• tell his ass not to eat it if he doesnt like it and tell him to keep his stupid comments to himself!lol that should fix his little red wagon! im a very blunt person and if my man doesnt like something than thats what i tell him
    4lyfe56

Answer by 4lyfe56 at 2:37 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• Yeah. If he keeps nitpicking, tell him to show you that he can make it better. And if he does, you can tell him he is now the designated cook. Or shut the eff up.
    Ann_Ony_Mouse

Answer by Ann_Ony_Mouse at 2:40 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• Perhaps your hormones are changing.

If it is just lately that he is upsetting you to the point of crying (and the example given was very benign) then maybe a quick trip to the doctor to have your hormones checked is a good idea.

I too am in my 40s... and yep that is the time we start getting wacky again. hugs... and luck!

Anonymous

• I would make a point of thanking the kids for eating it and appreciating it. Then, tell him if he doesn't like it, he can cook the next meal.
    tiggermom803

Answer by tiggermom803 at 9:28 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• Tell him next time he can make it!
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 1:45 AM on Feb. 8, 2010