Flyer Exchanges...

I am a member of Mom Packs and Pagan Packs... But I would like to start a local Flyer Exchange. How should I go about getting one started?

Should I start by building a website? Or should I just start a Yahoo Group first? Or something else??

Also... If you know of other national Flyer exchange programs please let me know...

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 2:02 PM on Feb. 7, 2010 in Money & Work

• Actualy what I would recommend is something that can actualy make you several hundred to several thousand dollars a year. It's something we contemplated for a long time before doing ourselves. What you do is make letters to send to businesses in your area about purchasing advertising space on 11x17 flyers....you can have the spaces as little as $30 or as much as $200 each (the higher end or at least $100 is best), you explain that X amount of flyers will be printed (we did 5,000) and distributed in the neighborhood. If you feel like you can't get 5,000 out door to door yourself you can advertise on Craigslist for someone to pay to help.

Of course, you can have your own ad space for free, make money on selling ad space to other businesses and the only costs are the printing and distribution. You can then create flyers quarterly. We did this near our home which is located near a popular area filled with shops.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 5:53 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• The point of a flyer exchange is NOT only to earn money, but also to help others do the same. I'm not trying to make money with the exchange itself, I'm trying to help other local home business moms...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:43 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• What a great idea ... I have several friends that do "side jobs" on work from home businesses. ... would love to find a way to promote them all.
    MaryJacobs

Answer by MaryJacobs at 11:03 PM on Feb. 7, 2010