Do you live near your family?

My husband and I moved 6 hours from our family when we first got married before we had a baby. Now we have a daughter (5 months) and it has made me so homesick! I have no friends here and am a stay at home mom so the only adult interaction is with my husband. Don't get me wrong I love him dearly and he is my bff! However I would love to have just one friend down here until we can get back home. I just haven't met anyone that I like!

cpuckett27

Asked by cpuckett27 at 2:03 PM on Feb. 7, 2010 in About CafeMom

• We ended up living near family since I met my husband at work and he works near them. It is great to have family nearby. When I was a SAHM I took the children for walks around the neighborhood and met the neighbors and invited them over for coffee and playdates. I also belonged to church and Sunday School and took the children to the playground and library and to classes at the Y and at the college.

Answer by Bmat at 2:06 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• closest fam is about 4 hours away...
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 2:07 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• nope - 12 hours away, and a single mommy
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 2:19 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• Yes, very close.
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 2:34 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• Nope. I'm in NY. My parents are in Florida. My sister is in New Mexico. And my brother is in Chicago.

Anonymous

• My mom is four blocks north, my sister and family are four blocks south

Answer by rkoloms at 3:25 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• I was 10 hrs away and a single mommy but i had made friends before i got pregnant and his family was there.
    lilmsnay83

Answer by lilmsnay83 at 4:22 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• No..but I don't live far enough away from them.
    offrdngal

Answer by offrdngal at 5:22 PM on Feb. 7, 2010