I have 2 questions about a cat we adopted a few months ago.....

1. CAn I get my cat's claws clipped at Petco?

2. This cat sleeps all day and stays up all night, she starts meowing at 4 am and wants attention...If it wasn't so cold out I'd put her in the garage for the night. However I do have an all season porch, she is a very fluffy long haired Tabby.
What are your thoughts and ideas on handling a night cat?

wheresthewayout

Asked by wheresthewayout at 2:11 PM on Feb. 7, 2010 in Pets

• Cats are nocturnal that is why she sleeps all day and is up all night, my cats do a half and half thing they have gotten used to our schedule about 2 am they come ripping through the house playing and settle back down around 4 and then the middle of the day they are up playing again.

I know petsmart does grooming and i would think petco does as well just call down and find out, I have never used them we do our own or take ours to the local groomer. Petco and petsmart are an hour away from me so its easier to stay here
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:20 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• I don't know if Petco will do it but Petsmart will. I had a cat that loved to wake me up about 2am so that I could watch him eat. Dusty would pester me until i got up and then trot to kitchen as happy as could be and start chowing down. I started keeping a squirt bottle next to my bed and would spray him when he did this. It worked very well after a few days he stopped waking me up bu i kept the bottle there as a reminder.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 2:18 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• 1. I think they did clip cats claws. you can also do it yourself. We use to have to that with our cats.

2. Sorry but all cats are night cats. They see better during the night. We use to have that problem when they were younger and stil do for time to time. I have found though. If we have the water dish, cat dish and cat litter clean it helps.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 2:18 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• When we adopted our cat he used to pull that crap.. usually he wanted to be let outside or he wanted more food or water.. our cat is very long haired and he does fine outside... depending on the situation of the cat before you got him he might have already been a indoor outdoor type of cat... as for petco i think they might do it... i know the groomers section will shave some cats like with a lion cut or something so if they're willing to do that i'm sure cutting nails is no problem as long as the shots are up to date
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 2:25 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• The kids are always on top of keeping the dishes filled with water and food. She just walks around in the middle of the night meowing like she's bored and just pesters everyone wanting to be petted.
    I would rather someone else pin her down for the nail clipping task,lol
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 2:43 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• Try waking her up when she falls asleep during the day, so she is tired at night. I have 4 and they keep each other so busy during the day they all sleep at night, 2 sleep with us in the bed and they stay there until I get up!
    MummaMel

Answer by MummaMel at 5:34 PM on Feb. 21, 2010