Suggestions on food for my 11 1/2 month old girl

I need suggestions on food, especially lunches for her to eat. She only has two teeth and seems to choke on a lot of things. Even when I cut it up small. But she really doesnt much want baby food.

babybluedreams

Asked by babybluedreams at 2:15 PM on Feb. 7, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• ... well sadly for my daughter, she's 13 months and just got 2 more teeth- totally 4. It is hard for her to eat stuff too but all she wants is the big people food- for the most part... I would try pushing the baby foods for a little bit, especially if you still have some because you don't want he
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 2:19 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• my daughter hit send early.. ugh lol
    you don't want to waste it but if you make it thicker, like add cherrios or the little gerber puffs in it with lots of rice cereal or oatmeal or something then she might like it more because of the texture...
    other then that they say before 1 to try and stay away from anything really advanced in the food region.. but if the first thing doesn't work then mac n cheese with mandarin oranges is always a hit or like stemmed broccoli all cut up
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 2:22 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• You say you are cutting things up. She may still need mashed things. Mash a little banana, sweet potato, potato, or squash and put it in front of her and let her feed herself. You can add a little water if she is on the big side or butter or olive oil if she is on the small side.

Chicken or turkey can be shreaded and mashed up. I take leftover cold steak and cut it very thin and make piles of shaved steak and my grandson loves it. You can get food mills that can mash things like meat.

Cooked brown rice can be mashed some. There are little whole grain pasta that you can get in health food type grocery stores that are easy for babies to swallow. She can have regular oatmeal and other cooked cereals.

If she is breastfeeding and growing you don't have to worry a lot. Some breastfed babies don't eat much even when they are around 12 months. If your baby is formula fed then you need to be concerned and talk to the doctor.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:27 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• rice
    sweet potatoes
    avocado
    tofu
    cooked beans
    hummus

Answer by rkoloms at 3:24 PM on Feb. 7, 2010