2 kids?

Please only answer if you have 2 children!
My first child was completely unplanned. We are thinking about having another baby, and Im just not sure if I can purposely subject myself to all of the pain again. As a little history, I had heart problems when I delivered, I had a seisure, high blood pressure, and I have to have surgery to fix my pelvic muscles. I dont want to do that until we are finished with having children.
I guess it is really just nerves, but how do I get over these feelings of fright?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:19 PM on Feb. 7, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• umm if you had so many problems maybe you should be done with having babies just be happy with the babies you have....you were high risk with the blood pressure and your pelvic muscles just seem very painful i wouldnt risk it but if you want another child ask your dr about a c-section because you dont want to risk breaking your pelvic muscle...
    4lyfe56

Answer by 4lyfe56 at 2:32 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• I have two kid's, but I also had two " easy" pregnancy's and deliveries. I have a friend who spend over 60% of her pregnancy in the hospital and she is nervous to get pregnant again also. I can't answer your question, but I think you should really consider what's best for your health. Good luck.
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 2:33 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• It's ok to only have one child.

It sounds like you need to talk with your health care provider or a counselor about your concerns. If you do decide to have another baby you can hire a doula and she can help you with all the emotional and other aspects related to birth. Most people think doulas are only for women wanting natural births. Doulas are also trained and skilled at helping women with high risk pregnancies and births.

I had 2 easy pregnancies and births. It wasn't until my 3rd that I had problems. I was sick from 6 months on and everything about my life changed. I didn't want to risk going through pregnancy again and have PTSD.

The World Health Organization recommends all women wait 3 years before ttc.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:38 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• OP HERE:
    My daughter just celebrated her 3rd bday, and i believe i have PTSD from the delivery. I honestly had a great pregnancy, it was just the delivery, and a little while after.
    I am going to look into hiring a doula! I was one of those that thought they were only for natural/home births. thanks for all the info!!
    Anonymous