how can i have a flat belly?does push up really work?

i had a baby one year ago,i did loose some weight had a flat belly after few months i look pregnant again!does push ups really work?how many would you advice a day?how many ounces of water would you advice me to drink

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:33 PM on Feb. 7, 2010 in Health

• Push0-ups build up arm strength, not ab miscles. SIT-UPS and crunches strengthen ab muscles. Bestt hing to do would be hire a trainer. They're trained to show how to exercise WITHOUT hurting yourself, so that you can effectively work the area you want to work.
    As far as water, as much as you're ale to stand. Water's great for flushing out your system.
    Aslen

Answer by Aslen at 2:36 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• I do know you need 64 oz in a day. That includes all that you drink. So if you drink a cup of milk. There is 8 oz. They say as long as you get half of that in water is what you need.
    Anonymous

• Crunches are great but only work part of your abs, if you want nice toned flat abs you need to do combo excercises ( different types of crunches)

This link has some great tips http://exercise.about.com/od/abs/ss/abexercises.htm

Also I would suggest the ABs diet for women book it has really great tips that work, i lost 6 pounds the first week and my body is more toned, my stomach was actually noticeably smaller after 3 weeks. ( i have a ways to go i started out bigger) Now after 5 weeks i wear a size smaller, i have tone all over and i am down 10 pounds.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:49 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• I work from my waist inwards...stand with feet planted shoulder length apart, lift both arms over your head, reach for the sky then bend to the side, then back up, go slowly, feeling your muscles as you go from one side to the next...I do a hundred of those a day, it whittles the waist down and eventually your stomach will flatten too.
    Anonymous

• I am a SAHM who also works from home running my business. I use 10 minute solution "Belly, butt and thighs" it's a really good work out you can do the parts you want. or the whole thing! For SAHM it is perfect because it doesnt take long to do the set of exercises and it works! The disc costs like 10$ at walmart and I eat lots of lean protien and veggies.
    Luciens_Mom

Answer by Luciens_Mom at 4:32 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• Power 90 X I already lost ten pounds off of my gut it works wonders, Bike riding, Boxing, kick boxing and Turbo Jam works as well.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:22 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• Push ups won't help your belly, but is good for building upper body strength. Crunches are good, but you need to do different types ... also obliques will help. And a reverse crunch is good.

P90X & Turbo Jam are great .. all sold by Beach Body ... if you are interested in these programs or any others, then shoot me an email. I am a Beach Body Coach and sell them on my website. All the work out programs come with nutrition guides and there is lots of on line support to help motivate and keep you motivated.

Drinking lots of water is good, and getting your cardio up will help you burn calories (fat) and as 3 ring circus said, you have to mix it up a bit. If you do the same thing over and over you will lose a little, then get stuck. You have to mix it up.
    MaryJacobs

Answer by MaryJacobs at 10:49 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• Obligues & reverse crunch ...

Lie on your back, hands behind your head, feet on the floor, knees bent.
    Cross right leg over left leg, and crunch with leg crossed. Do 2 reps of 8 - this is your reverse crunch. Lifting legs and butt but keeping head down.

Then bring legs butt up while pulling head up towards knees - this is double crunch.

Then put right hand on right leg and crunch ACROSS your body ... left elbow to right knee. This is obliques.

Then switch sides & repeat.
    MaryJacobs

Answer by MaryJacobs at 10:55 PM on Feb. 7, 2010