For those that use formula....

Do you use/prefer Similac or Enfamil?

I used Enfamil Gentlese with my daughter 4 yrs ago..but now that I am due in April I am thinking about using Similac...do you have a preference?

mommytobrooke

Asked by mommytobrooke at 2:35 PM on Feb. 7, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• BREASTMILK
    Anonymous

• I use Enfamil, but I've always heard good things about Simlac.

Anon: She didn't ask about breast milk, so hush.
    wahm_abbeyrose

Answer by wahm_abbeyrose at 2:39 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• My boys used similac. I tried enfamil with my second and he threw it up. It is all what works with your baby. The hospital that I go to uses similac. Maybe ask your hospital what they are going to start her on and keep her on that unless there is a problem?
    Anonymous

• The baby's doctor should tell you what formula to use and how much. They are somewhat different.

I agree breastmilk is best. And free. Even if you aren't planning to breastfeed you could at least try and give your baby a few weeks, it makes a difference. Who knows, you might be great at it and love it.
    Anonymous

• i tried using enfamil and my baby kept choking on it... so i thik u should use whatevers best for him/her.. u would know by the way your baby acts towards it.. the similac he has no problems with....he's 15 days old!!!!!!
    graciause

Answer by graciause at 3:01 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• my daughter cant use enfamil, we use generic, gentle kind. it is exactly the same only cheaper.
    lilsbiggestfan

Answer by lilsbiggestfan at 3:10 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• ignorant bitch the person said for those who use formula....i use enfamil. i did bf for 2 months though
    Anonymous

• I daughter didn't do well on Enfamil either, lots of tummy aches.....She started on Similac the advanced one and now she's on the "Go & Grow" for 9+ months. She has done and is doing awesome on both those..
    knjones

Answer by knjones at 3:40 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• did you ignorant bitch the one who said breastfeed? i hate that,the way people judge!!!! people have been giving me crap about that since before my daughter was even born..... personally they can shove it, my daughter is a completely healthy FORMULA fed baby..................
    lilsbiggestfan

Answer by lilsbiggestfan at 3:40 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• Similac makes my little guy gassy. We use the krikland from Costco. It's almost exactly the same as enfamil but lots cheaper.
    jrsjrb

Answer by jrsjrb at 5:00 PM on Feb. 7, 2010