What's happening?

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=122343

It is getting really hard to find a job in the United States. A total of 6,130,000 U.S. workers had been unemployed for 27 weeks or more in December 2009. That was the most ever since the U.S. government started keeping track of this statistic in 1948.
In fact, it is more than double the 2,612,000 U.S. workers who were unemployed for a similar length of time in December 2008. The reality is that once Americans lose their jobs they are increasingly finding it difficult to find new ones that match pay.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:39 PM on Feb. 7, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• The difference between what they used to make and what the new job pays, well kiss that bye forever.

It's going to take care of people who need every type of assistance known to man.

Socialism for ya, whether you like it or not.
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 2:50 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• I agree they want to start off where they left off.
    officerdouglas

Answer by officerdouglas at 2:52 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• I was unemployed for about a year, I am making a little less now but that was by my choosing as I changed fields. I was offered more $$ but didn't want to go back to retail management.

Hubby took a job , earning less but will be earning the same within 6 mos. and we will pay considerable less for cable, internet and phone due to his job..saving about 100$ a month!! and his company is secure

Anyone who is facing similiar situation I would say fing our if you are eligible for funds from WIA to take classes for something that will help you get a job and keep looking...don't give up. Alot of jobs told me they are getting 100 apps for 2 jobs...My hubby applied for the same job 3 times....(different areas) before getting the job

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 2:56 PM on Feb. 7, 2010