In response to the eyebrows question.

ALL of the moms that disagree with plucking or trimming a baby's eyebrows, how many of you have had your baby/infant's ears pierced? You can PAINLESSLY trim a baby's brows, there is NO way to painlessly pierce a baby's ears. The only reason why moms pierce their children's ears is to make their baby look "adorable". Aren't children beautiful the way they are?

IMO piercing a baby's ears AND waxing/trimming their brows is COMPLETELY unecessary. Do YOU think one is better than the other?

Mrs.Mack.

Asked by Mrs.Mack. at 3:15 PM on Feb. 7, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• No ear piercing here, no eyebrow issues either. Even if I had girls, i would NEVER pierce an infant's ears.
    Aslen

Answer by Aslen at 3:16 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• I am glad you brought that up. I am horrified that some Moms have their babies' ears pierced. It is disgusting. Wait for pierced ears and plucked or waxed eyebrows until the teen years. PLEASE!
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 3:18 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• never to either.....they are wonderful as is... and as far as piercing shouldnt that be their choice..... how would people like it we bedazzled them painfully without their choice
    lilsbiggestfan

Answer by lilsbiggestfan at 3:19 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• Haha I thought that waxing post was hilarious. I could care less if someone gets their daughters ears pierced or not. It is a one time thing not like waxing where they have to keep doing it all the time. My mom pierced mine when I was 6 months old because I had no hair and she was sick of people thinking I was a boy. I have never felt any anger towards her about it. I have yet to meet a little girl who doesn't want hers pierced. Also if they decide they don't like it when they're older....easy take them out. And how can you painlessly wax a child's eyebrows? I think it would hurt even with ice and children usually have sensitive skin which most wax's would irritate.
    Anonymous

• FYI...

I am NOT the anon who posted the "eyebrows" question. I read the "eyebrows" question and was disgusted. However, what was even MORE disgusting to me was how SOOO many moms are adamantly against it, yet many of them probably do equally horrific things to their own kids.

Mrs.Mack.

Answer by Mrs.Mack. at 3:25 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• People get so heated on this site. It cracks me up a little. I wouldn't do either but to each their own. I am not gonna change anyone's mind. If CM has taught me anything it's that. Waxing does seem totally outrageous though.
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 3:31 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• Both are ridiculous. Piercing someone elses ears without their consent just screams civil rights violation to me. You can put circumcision right in there too. You don't 'own' your children. They are entrusted to you to love and raise until they are grown. What gives anyone the right to willfully cause pain on another for cosmetic appearance?
    Anonymous

• Good point! My daughter (14) did not get her ears pierced until she was old enough to care for them herself. And as far as the eyebrows, my daughter just started doing that.
    sharebearmomof2

Answer by sharebearmomof2 at 3:34 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• I didn't get my ears pierced until I was seven, and I WISH my mom had done it when I was a baby. You don't remember the pain from being an infant, but I sure as heck remember screaming at the top of my lungs in the middle of the beauty salon at 7 years old. Just throwing another perspective out there.
    wahm_abbeyrose

Answer by wahm_abbeyrose at 3:35 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• WAHM, i was 2 when i got mine, and I remember it...not all of us screm. And OK, so they wouldn't remember the pain....that doesn't make it RIGHT. At least you chose, and were AWARE OF,what was going on, unlike infants who have NO CLUE.
    Aslen

Answer by Aslen at 3:40 PM on Feb. 7, 2010