need some ideas for fresh broccoli!

Ok so we were expecting company today.. last minute they called and said they couldn't make it. We bought a ton of fresh veggies to make a veggie tray (ends up being a lot more veggies for about the same price of a small/medium veggie tray) Now I have 2 big heads of broccoli and I'm not sure what to do with them. As much as my family loves fresh veggie trays, I don't think we can eat all of it raw! I've sauteed some broccoli in butter for my toddler. Other than boring old sautee, steam, or boil.. what ideas do you ladies have.. healthy preferably.

alinker

Asked by alinker at 3:25 PM on Feb. 7, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Make some chicken alfredo and add it to it. Or a stir fry. Or cover with cheese sauce. YUMMM!!!
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 3:26 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 3:28 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• I do this with brussel sprouts alot and it is to die for! get a glass baking dish cut up the broccli but only use to tps! Put enough olive oil in the bottom to coat the amount of broccoli you are using when you stir. I add rosemary and garlic salt(enough to season the amount of broccoli you are using) put your broccoli in the dish and stir it so that the broccoli is coated cover with a piece of foil and bake at 350 degree for about 30 to 45 minute or until it is tender. :)
    Luciens_Mom

Answer by Luciens_Mom at 3:32 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• toss with a little balsamic vinegar, olive oil, cracked pepper, and salt. roast @ 450 until it begins to caramelize.

sautee with tons of minced garlic, a little olive oil, and a shot of soy. serve with steamed rice.

broccoli pasta salad. blanch bite sized pieces of broccoli, and shock in ice water. toss with cooked pasta, cubed cheese, and your favorite dressing. serve chilled.

ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 3:34 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• http://www.recipezaar.com/Pan-Roasted-Broccoli-155018

This is DELICIOUS!!  However, I use a lot more than 3 tablespoons of water---more like a cup and I add garlic powder and pepper to it.......................or sometimes I just use chicken broth instead of the water and add the spices to that.  It comes out perfect....not too hard, not too soft.  Enjoy!

BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:47 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• I add it into homemade chicken noodle soup or chicken stir fry. If you want recipes, PM me.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 4:47 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• I love it roasted...drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper, roast in a 425 degree oven for about 20 mins...add some shredded parmesan cheese about 5 minutes before the end, it gets crisy and delicious, so much tastier than steamed broccoli!
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 4:58 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• Broccoli soup, broccoli salad, veggie pizza, beef & broccoli stir fry, chicken broccoli dijon....those are our favorites.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 5:35 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• It's yummy slightly steamed with fresh lemon juice! :)
    last-minute-mom

Answer by last-minute-mom at 9:25 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• You can always blanche it and freeze it if you don't want to worry about using it all up so soon. One thing I'm hoping to make this week - baked potatoes (I'll actually chunk & roast them) with cooked broccoli & homemade cheese sauce over top, alongside a deer roast.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on Feb. 8, 2010