Are you left or right handed, your partner,what are your children, your siblings. parents?

What determines left or right hand usage? My husband is left, I'm left, our three kids are all righties. Our parents and our siblings are all righties.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:29 PM on Feb. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My whole family is righties except one of my brothers and one of my nephews. (different brothers child) Kinda weird. I dunno.
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 3:37 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• i've no idea. on my mom's side the second born is always a lefty. so my aunt and my sister is a lefty. the other day my 1yr old was writing and she was writing with her left hand. i tried putting it in her right hand but she switched it. so it looks like she's gonna be a lefty too. my 2yr old is a righty though, and so are dh and I. it's gonna suck having to teach her to write with her left hand, i can barely hold a pencil in my left hand let alone write! lol.

we did just find out that my DH's bio dad (who he just got in touch with after 20yrs) and his oldest bio sister is left handed too. i don't know if there's a pattern though.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 3:39 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• its all genetics, my mom is right, my dad is left, my brother is right, my hubby is right, i'm right .. my daughter is to young to tell.. hoping for right...
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 3:39 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• I don't think it's all genetics. How can it be when everyone in my family is a righty, everyone in DH's is a righty, but our daughter is a leftie?
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 3:45 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• I am the only lefty in my whole family. I have heard that my mother was leftie, but her parents trained her to be right handed. Just a rumour though. My husband and his family are righties too, as are our kids. I guess I'm just special. It's been said that lefties die about 9 earlier than righties, but we're also smarter.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Left-handedness

NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 3:48 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• Me ~ Right handed (My fam said I started off left handed but they taught me to use my right hand in school)
    Son ~ Writes right handed and does sports left handed
    Mom ~ Right handed
    Dad ~ Left handed
    Sister ~ Right handed
    ProudMom_5703

Answer by ProudMom_5703 at 4:08 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• Me and my whole family are right handed....my hubby is left handed. I've always heard that people who are left handed are more creative and atristic....they can write, they can draw etc....and my hubby sure can. My kids though...their too young to know if they are right or left handed yet.
    Anonymous

• Me and my son are left handed; my son's dad is right handed
    Dh and 2 of his sons are right handed; 1 of his sons is left handed

My dad and 2 sisters are right handed; my mother is left handed
    offrdngal

Answer by offrdngal at 5:19 PM on Feb. 7, 2010