If you had to decide

To either have an abortion, or lose your life due to complications- which would you choose?

Terminate, and potentially have more children- AND still be here for the children you already have, who NEED you. Or, die in HOPES of saving your fetus?

ObbyDobbie

Asked by ObbyDobbie at 3:46 PM on Feb. 7, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Terminate, wouldn't want to leave an infant without it's mother.

Answer by older at 3:51 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• am genuinely curious.... A lot of women never factor in that they have other children who still need their care, that they would be leaving behind... plus, if the infant survived, it would be motherless.

I personally, have to take into account that I have 3 children who only have ME. I would have to terminate.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 3:48 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• I have a son here that needs me. if I got pregnant again, and the doctor told me I'd die, I would have an abortion. I couldn't leave my son.
    wahm_abbeyrose

Answer by wahm_abbeyrose at 3:54 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• I have three living son's. I would never chose an abortion unless medically necessary. In the case you describe I would feel it to be a necessity. I would not abort a baby with birth defects or down syndrome. But if my life was on the line, the children I already have would be put first. They need their mom.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:02 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• I would die for my children.Even those unborn. If God wanted us both here than it would happen. It is called faith and from expirence it has worked out.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 4:16 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• The doc told my mom that I would die or be severely retarded and that she may not make it either.....guess what? 27 years later, I am here and so is she. I'm not disabled and she didn't die. Doctors make mistakes.

Anonymous

• Terminate. I have other kids who need me and if that unborn fetus is so bad off that it complicates my own life, then perhaps it was not meant to be.
    Anonymous

• I'd terminate without a second thought. That's one of the situations in which I wouldn't think twice about an abortion. My living child needs her mother.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 4:50 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• I'd terminate. My daughter and my family need me.
    DEpley

Answer by DEpley at 4:55 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• If it was my life in danger? Yes I would. That doesn't mean I wouldn't feel terrible-losing a child that way....but it makes no sense to lose two lives.
    Anonymous