Did you get pregnant & then married. Or were u married and became pregnant?

I was in highschool and my bf got me pregnant. we never lived together and i left him after having the child cause of behavorial issues of his. Now i'm living with my SO and he is going thru a divorce & want to get pregnant before we get married....I want to but I also want to do a wedding first so I dont have to be preg in a dress or taking care of 2 kids plannin a wedding...

DDTSMommy

Asked by DDTSMommy at 4:17 PM on Feb. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• Well I got pregnant then got married, but would have rather had it the other way around.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 4:19 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• I got pregnant and then got married, but waited until the babies (twins) were 8 months old before I got married. We were engaged for a long time though before I got pregnant, and living together for a long time.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 4:27 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• We had been living together for almost 5 years when he proposed to me. We had set the date for the wedding for 10 months later. Three weeks after the proposal, we found out I was pregnant, lol. Figures...perfect timing. We faced the choice of either postponing the wedding until after the baby (I was not about to get married with a huge pregnant belly) or to move the wedding up. We planned a beautiful wedding in 2 months! It was stressful, but somehow we did it.You can even see the pics in my profile...we managed to get married right before I started showing. Everyone knew I was pregnant anyways, and it wasn't like we were ashamed regardless. The only thing that kinda sucked was that I couldn't drink on my wedding day, lol! I wouldn't have planned it any other way because everything worked out to be perfect!! This all happened in 2009 and it was undoubtedly the best year of my life!
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 4:29 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• Since you've got a relationship that failed behind you and a baby from it, and SO is processing leaving his wife what does being pregnant before marriage give you versus waiting for the divorce and celebrating and getting pregnant.

I've always known that marriage with kids or not gives more legal protection in many instances that no marriage should something unexpected happen healthwise in partner or if should choose to leave.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 4:33 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• I met DH, we dated for 9 months then got engaged. We got married 10 months later. We then got a house and enjoyed being married for a while. Then we decided to start trying to get pregnant with our first. Then we had our 2nd 19 months after the first. We have been married 7 1/2 years now with two wonderful kids and could not be happier.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 4:39 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• We had been together for 4 years, engaged for 3 years - when we became pregnant. We now have a 2 year old and we are expecting again, and still in no huge rush to wed - our engagement is a promise marry one day, but after almost 7 happy years together we know marriage does not hold much importance in terms to our relationship - it won't make us any stronger than we already are, so hence no rush.
    ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 4:40 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• I had two children out of wedlock.
    with my husband we lost baby number one when we were engaged. we went on to have our child a year after we were married.

honey, sorry, but dont have a baby BEFORE you two get married . make him commit and invest in you first.

sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 4:40 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• I got married and 5 years later, we had our first child.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:41 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• we already had the day set wich was on my birthday well he got back from irak and a month later was preg so i guees preg and then married
    Anonymous

• LOL - neither - I got preggo and never been married
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 4:44 PM on Feb. 7, 2010