im 10 weeks and im having very bad heartburn...

and is that normal at 10 weeks?? and what helps heartburn??

Tricia737

Asked by Tricia737 at 4:33 PM on Feb. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had a bit before that time and it caused an irregular heartbeat. My ob agreed that drinking water with meals and as soon as heartburn hit would dilute the heartburn acid.

I kept a water bottle in my purse - it would actually last one bottle for several days at a time.

She originally suggested mylanta but I didn't want to take that being pregnant.

Try the water at least until you can get your doctor's opinion.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 4:36 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• I take a chewable papaya enzyme tablet in the middle of my meal. It will help your digestion and calm down the burps. It helps with bloat and even constipation. You can buy them at any vitamin store, even most pharmacies.

But don't let your DH/SO have one bc they taste good and he'll eat them all!
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 4:39 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• Try eating some of the yogurts with the pro-biotics in them. I especially like Activia.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:40 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• Ya its normal dear i had it bad lol i took Tums they will help your heartburn and give you calcium which is great my doc said it was great that i was taking them.
    -KenzieTaylor-

Answer by -KenzieTaylor- at 4:48 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• omg i remember that lol thats when mine started and it sucks lol i wouldnt wish that on my worst enemy honestly? water gave me heart burn ugh it suckd but wat helped me thee most was i bought thee biggest bottle of chewable tums when i started gettin heart burn nd i would chew 2-3 at a time and that is what helped me thee most also my dr prescribed some acid reflux pills they help alot!!!!! good luck
    ZARYUS_MOMMY

Answer by ZARYUS_MOMMY at 4:52 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• There's Tums and then there are prescription medications. I'm 18 weeks and currently on nexium, although that isn't usually the 1st line of defense. Drs like to try other medications first, but we know from my last pregnancy that nexium was the only thing that kept me from getting sick all the time.

Answer by missanc at 5:11 PM on Feb. 7, 2010