My son was born 6 weeks early and...

I'm 30 weeks pregnant with #2. My water broke at 35 weeks with no warning last time and now I am so paranoid about every little feeling wondering if it could be a sign of preterm labor. I know 35 weeks isn;t that early but he wasn't breathing at first so I am scared. I have lower back pain and the feeling of him "balling up inside me" which I've heard can be signs of preterm labor but I don't wanna rush to the ER over nothing either. What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:56 PM on Feb. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• you're the only one who knows what you're feeling, do whatever you need to to make yourself feel better. call a nurse line, go to the er, whatever you want.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 4:57 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• I understand your fear. But try focusing on what's right. At this second each second baby is safe in you. If plug comes out or if water breaks, or contractions come for two hours for example every fifteen minutes or less then call doctor and head there or e r.

Prayers for yours and Baby's wellbeing.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 4:58 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• Hire a doula. She will help you decide what's true labor and with your concerns. Doulas are trained to help women with high risk pregnancies. You will always be able to reach her and no longer feel alone.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 5:02 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• I don't think there are doula's in the town I live in nor could I afford one anyways. =(
    Anonymous

• okay I had mine early and now with this one im 24 weeks and thinking wow is this gonna be early too but all you can do it wait.. if you make it just a few more weeks you will be in the clear, thats how i look at it now in 12 weeks, she is more then fine. if i can just make it 8 weeks then im happy.. I would honestly not worry so much and relax its better for the baby that way
    Anonymous