What would you get as a "big sister" gift?

We're having our second baby in May (baby is a surprise). DD will be 2 in March. I'd like to have baby give his/her big sister a gift, but I can't think of anything and everything I've seen online isn't appropriate for a toddler.

tyheamma

Asked by tyheamma at 5:16 PM on Feb. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I bought an age appropriate toy, and a stuffed animal to give the other kids from the baby. I also let the older kids pick out a gift to bring to the baby, which they really enjoyed as well.
    KadenTaeasmom

Answer by KadenTaeasmom at 5:54 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• We just had a bag with new caryons, makers, coloring books and fun little things for her to do while I was in labor.
    Anonymous

• We did the same as the first poster, I made a canvas bag for each of my boys decorated with things they like inside i had snacks and toys, things to keep them busy, disposable cameras so they could take their own pictures. We also made shirts for them that said "im the big brother". I took the boys to the sibling class at the time they were 2 and 5 and had alot of fun, they got to tour the hospital, learn how to hold a baby, and they were given buttons to wear when it was timet o come tot he hospital that let everyone know they were the big brothers.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 5:22 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• i ordered a big sister shirt that had her name one in and we got her a newborn doll she loved it
    klinemom2

Answer by klinemom2 at 8:54 PM on Feb. 7, 2010