Is she trying to tell me something?

Everytime i go to the bathroom my 16month daughter tells me "peepee". Does she realize that is the place to go or is she telling me that she needs to go pee? She also sits (with her pants still on) on her potty seat and says it three to four times, then she will get up and look inside.

BlueyedRnystorm

Asked by BlueyedRnystorm at 5:19 PM on Feb. 7, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• she is exploring the idea, at this age i let my son try it and he went a few times then decided that he didnt want to and trained later on. If she is curious go ahead and let her try it, i wouldnt push training i would just let her experiment with the idea of using the bathroom, part of potty training is getting in the mindet, so while her body may not fully be ready her mind is and it wont hurt to let her use the potty chair when you go in the bathroom.

I found it was much easier to train if i followed my kids lead and let them take it a step at a time, it was smoother and quicker. I had less problems and less accidents.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 5:25 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• She could be or she is just doing what she sees you do.

Does she go longer then 2 hrs with a dry diaper?
    Can she undress and dress her self?
    When she pees in her diaper does she tell you?
    When she poops does she hide?
    Can she say pee? Well we know that one.

There are things to look for to see if she is ready.
    Anonymous

• I would say time for potty training! Don't pressure her, she is young but definanety start!
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 5:23 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• Yep she's telling you I know this is where it happens. Can't hurt to let her sit on the potty, she might suprise you... however all of my kids have done this at around the 16- 18 month mark, loved sitting on the potty for a month or so, then it all went belly up and they went back to nappies for another 8 months or so. It's great- she is beginning to understand, but I think this mostly copying you - She follows you in, you tell her I'm going pee and sit down, then you wipe yourself, look in the toilet (or it seems you do to her when you turn to flush) and probably babble to her about pee ( LOL mummy brain!) So she is copying you. If you squatted over a bucket in the front yard she would try to do that too! Its so exciting this age cos you see their little brains growing almost before your eyes!
    Good luck Momma
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 5:28 PM on Feb. 7, 2010