IUD

I am getting one put in on Monday, can anyone tell me about how much pain to expect and do I want my husband to drop me off or will it be fine to drive myself?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:25 PM on Feb. 7, 2010 in About CafeMom

• I have one and when its insereted you will have cramping! Mine wasn't to bad just really annoying!! I had a Dr 30 minutes away and was able to drive myself!
    lovie04256

Answer by lovie04256 at 5:39 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• thanks a lot!
    Its funny but I am not scared just want to know and since i made the appointment i have now met two women who got pregnant on the iud because it was inserted improperly.. or became loose... apparently yours appears to be working.. lol
    thanks so much ffor the information!
    Anonymous

• it didnt hurt to have it in...but i did cry cuz i was scared and hormonal, lol! i have the copper one. i had a little cramping and felt a slight pinch, the the worst part was just the "opening" of the vagina haha. you should be able to drive yourself.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 9:39 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• I got mine in after my 1st daughter then took it out got pregnant after my husband got out of basic 2 months later and then after my second daughter got another one and my husband has been home 2 months from Afghanistan and still nothing so I would say mine works well! I have the mirena
    lovie04256

Answer by lovie04256 at 11:33 PM on Feb. 7, 2010