How can I get my 4 1/2 year go potty in the toliet, he is so resistant?

My son absolutey refuses to go to the potty. He goes to daycare but holds it all day and waits til he gets home. My husband and I watch him to try and help but he goes and hides and goes in his pants. I need help!!! He starts kindegarten this coming year.

pahon28

Asked by pahon28 at 5:33 PM on Feb. 7, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Perhaps have him clean up his own messes. If he finds it inconveniences him, maybe he'd be more motivated.

Answer by Bmat at 5:35 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• I have zero advice, but wanted to let you know I'm in the same boat with my girl. Wearing panties doesn't help, we now have her clean herself(we do check and help if needed). She has no prob cleaning herself but still wont use the potty, for pee or poop. All her friends are potty trained, doesn't matter to her. I hope someone has some good advice for both of us; cause I swear I'll be the very first parent to have a kindergardener in diapers.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:01 AM on Feb. 22, 2010