Any mom's going to college online?

Hey ladies, I am looking into going to college for business management. I have a 2 year old daughter no baby sitter and will be moving in the summer. I was just looking to see what some online college options are and what your experience with them is.
Thanks so much
Ashley

sagesmom724

Asked by sagesmom724 at 5:38 PM on Feb. 7, 2010 in

• HEY ASHLEY, IM IN SCHOOL ONLINE. IM WITH KAPLAN UNIVERSITY. ALTHOUGH I WOULDNT RECOMMEND THAT COLLEGE TO ANY ONE GOING ON LINE IS EASY. I ALSO HAVE A BABY SHES 22 MONTHS AND ITS NOT HARD AT ALL AS LONG AS SHE CAN ROAM AND PLAY WHILE U GET UR WORK DONE. TIME GOES REALLY FAST IN ONLINE SCHOOL . i AM ALSO A BUSINESS MAJOR.
    newmommyjazz

Answer by newmommyjazz at 5:44 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• I am taking a Medical Billing and Coding course online with Penn Foster.
    offrdngal

Answer by offrdngal at 7:59 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• Liberty University!
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:43 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I went to school online with Career Step, military benefits covered it. It turns out it was not my type of work, Im looking into Rio Salado Community College where they have an 8 weeks accounting course, this work can be done from home!
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 11:17 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I have a degree through Kaplan University and it has been recognized by many employers. I also started getting a BA in Criminal Justice but had to quit. Going to school online is hard. It is not that dissimilar from traditional college.
    palexander

Answer by palexander at 4:42 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• See what your local community college has to offer. I will be attending Columbus State Community College for an associate degree in business management. I can complete this online or attend an off campus site. Im also a stay at home mommy.
    MamaSpurg

Answer by MamaSpurg at 6:55 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I hear that Westwood online is really good-
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:21 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I'm doing classes through my community college to become a medical transcriptionist. It's not easy. I just started this week. My kids are 4 years and 9 months. It's hard because the lesson plan I'm currently on is huge and my baby is especially clingy lately so I'm not progressing as fast as I thought I would. I decided to put her on my lap and take a break, it's easier to be on here with her than trying to learn and take notes. I keep thinking this is for something really good and try to get through it.
    Anonymous

• I was taking classes through Colorado Technical University Online. I actually liked it. Full time status was two classes at a time, each class was 5 1/2 wks long. I had to withdraw in December tho because I was having a hard time managing everything. I'm a single mother and I work full time. I only have a couple a hours a night to spend with my son before bed time and half of that is cooking dinner and bath time so I would always wait till he was in bed to do my school work. I just got too tired and lost my motivation. It was too easy to say, "I'll do it later" and never actually find the time to get around to it. I do plan on going back to it here in a couple months.
    smgreen4744

Answer by smgreen4744 at 8:49 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I just started with south university online, so far its easy. The hardest part is the KNOW it alls that are in the class. There is one particular person that trys to take over every discussion thread there is, and it is getting very frustrating dealing with her. She corrects other students on their work, almost to the point of embrassing them. IDK what to do about her. Any suggestions?
    collegurlge

Answer by collegurlge at 5:28 PM on Feb. 12, 2010