My baby can read?

Does it really work the way they say it does? Im thinking of getting it for the babies. But only if it really works!

rayna_82

Asked by rayna_82 at 5:50 PM on Feb. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

• No, it doesn't teach your baby to read. Save your money and go with Preschool Prep videos that teach sight words instead.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 5:52 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• well its learning to really just site a word and do what you have been told to do. the baby i mean. so if you have it on and you have taught youf child to clap when it says clap eventually they learn to recognize it. but honestly why does a baby NEED to learn to reaed? its not actual reading. you have t be SOOO diligent to get results. I am not sure its worth it
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 5:55 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• its a bunch of crap
    Anonymous

• I bought it and I think it's great! No my 11 month old doesn't "read" but he enjoys the dvds and they're more educational than spongebob. Plus he'll sit through the entire thing so he must like it. I got the whole set on ebay for $50 too so I think it's worth that much.
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 6:53 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• Babies have more important things to do than read. I think it's bunk! If you want to, make sight words yourself and save a lot of money. 5x8 index cards are cheap. Oh, and a sharpee marker, still a better deal.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:22 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• its teaches them to memorize. They will learn many words but when it comes time to read by sounding they will struggle. I consider this and did my research!
    Anonymous

• My mom got it for my daughter after my friends in laws got it for her son. Her fil is some kind of therapist (I think...I don't quite remember) and said it was really good. My daughter got really really bored. I wouldn't spend that kind of money on it. Word World and Super Why work much better (imo).
    baboluchi56

Answer by baboluchi56 at 4:49 AM on Feb. 8, 2010