Can a baby sense?

I know some animals can sense when you're pregnant but can a baby? My daughter recently has been coming up and lifting up my shirt and rubbing my belly... It's weird lol. We've been kinda ttc and it would be funny if I was.. lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:17 PM on Feb. 7, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• nah
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 6:32 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• When anyone changes .. Whether emotionally, physically, or the slightest energy change (like a mood swing) a child notices. It doesn't matter if that child is a newborn or years old. Children can sense when something is wrong, someone is happy, or something has changed whether for better or worse. Just as an adult can. It's the energy we give off as humans (an in the animal kingdom). Also our natural body smells change with our moods and as our bodies change chemically during pregnancy or a change in habit.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 6:54 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• i believe they know. When my son was almost 3 he came up & sat beside me on the couch & said something about the baby in my tummy & i was shocked so i asked him if mommy had a baby in her tummy & he said yes... i tested a couple of days later & sure enough he was right, i later miscarried but he deff nailed that one!
    Anonymous

• i think they can. For some strange unknown reason my 2 year old knew i was pregnant before i did. I dont know if it was wishful thinking cause she wanted a little brother or sister or if she really knew. She would come up and rub my belly and sing to it. When i asked her what she was doing she said she was singing to her little sister. Long behold about 8 months later i had a little girl. weird! :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on Feb. 9, 2010