Has anyone read the book "The Secret" and if so did it help you in your life?

rose1239

Asked by rose1239 at 6:35 PM on Feb. 7, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• i read it a few years ago, dont remember anything about it
    necro1134

Answer by necro1134 at 6:48 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• I have not read the Secret. I have however watched the "movie" as well as read a number of other books on the subject. Understanding the Law of Attraction has helped my life leaps and bounds! Simply understanding that I can change anything and everything in my life was like freedom itself knocking at my door. I have become more confident, more caring, and more successful. I highly recommend educating yourself on the Law and making the changes... You'll see a difference in no time!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:49 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• The secret was a rather unmemorable book full of ideas and concepts that have been written about for years
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 6:50 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• I would actually recommend the Secret Workbook, but not the Secret itself. There are other publications that go through the same information in a much better way... The only reason the Secret became the phenomena it did was because of the movie version, which was much easier for many than the book to get through...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:45 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• I read it out of curiosity only to find that it was more New Age drivel.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 8:35 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• I read it several years ago. It was okay, I do think our thoughts have influence over events in our lives, like prayers. If you have more positive loving thoughts this creates good things in the world. Where this book and other new age authors lose me is when  they focus so much on attaining wealth. I want to be financially secure like everyone else, but I don't think this should be the most important part of our thoughts.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 9:07 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• cont...

Also, another author, who is in jail right now because eight people died during one of his retreats, I can't remember his name. I remember him speaking one time along with the author from the Secret. He said what we focus our thoughts on manifests itself in the world, so we shouldn't think of, pray for, or donate money to the poor because we'll just create more poor people, what! I remember Rhonda Byrne the author of the Secret sitting next to him agreeing to this.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 9:08 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• Like all "self-help" and "theology," reading with a curious mind can lead to a great deal of personal power and truth. This book is just one explanation of living an examined life structured toward being a peaceful and successful contributor to society. Any book can help if you read it the way that is right for you.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:04 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• But, what if people dontg agree with you and won't allow you to become what you want to be and what if they stand in your way and prevent you from meeting the goals you set for yourself? Do you use some kind of positive thinking on them, and convince them? Is this a Fad?
    Anonymous

• ^^^

You can only control what you do. You can pray, and work hard to improve yourself. Maybe others will change because they see that you are happier with yourself and and they want that too, but you have to focus and self improvement. Let others fix themselves.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 5:42 AM on Feb. 8, 2010