do men and women find the same ppl attractive?

i ask because 1. sometimes what dh finds attractive, i dont necessarily like and vice versa. 2. i usually turn men's heads, but when i try to "hook up" with females via the internet, they dont give me the attention men did or just arent interested. this question is obviously for women who are comfy with their sexuality and/or lesbian/bi. for women who dont compliment other women, why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:36 PM on Feb. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My SO and I find some things mutually attractive but then again we like different things too in other women. I think women are afraid to compliment other women in that way because they are afraid to lose a friend if they were honest, or even a potential friend. I personally have never had another women hit on me even though I would be totally open to it. I think it is because I just don't look like the type, but then again it is hard for me to advertise that side of myself. I think you are pretty brave being open and honest about this.
    Anonymous

• Sometimes. I mean, I would do Angelena Jolie in a second flat... My Dh finds her a big turn off. But he is in LOVE with Gwen Stephani. It's rare that we agree on people. But that doesn't mean there aren't men that agree with me... Cause as we all know there are... My DH tends to get in to the lanky "punk" rocker look... I like my women rounded in all the right places... You also have to figure that if you are turning men's heads, chances are it's in person... The internet doesn't do anyone justice!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:14 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• I notice that men look at bodies more. A girl can be a total butter face and a guy will be attracted to her. To me, a woman has to have a pretty face. Unfortunately not all men feel that way. Sometimes my DH thinks very plain girls are pretty which is surprising to me.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 12:37 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• My husband and I have totally different taste in woman, he likes one type and I like another. He generally likes blondes, which is odd because I have black hair, but they have to be curvy. I tend to like brunettes. We generally find the same men attractive though. We both like relatively tan bald men lol.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 1:20 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Attractive is attractive. I do think that men are more visual and that women while still visual need some other components as well to make a connection.....even when it's just a sex thing. The only thing that varies for my husband and I is that he seems to not notice if a woman has and extra 10 lbs....views it more as curves where I view it more as being chubby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:38 AM on Feb. 8, 2010