any tips on traveling long distance with a newborn?

have to go to LA for a doctors appt with my 6 week old... its 4 hours away.. eek! Anything I should bring besides the obvious?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:52 PM on Feb. 7, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The only tip I have is to travel during normal sleeping hours. It makes it a lot easier. Bring something to keep you sane as well.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 6:53 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• bring plenty of diapers, formula if your bottle feeding, blankets, a safe car seat, emergency numbers, and all the usual stuff you would take along, only bring just as much more.
    Anonymous

• I had to drive 4 hours to a wedding with my son when he was 2 months old and it was great! He actually slept the whole way there and back! I wish now (at almost a year) the car ride thing would work for him to sleep! Otherwise bring whatever music your baby likes. My son never cries when Taylor Swift is on! lol
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 6:55 PM on Feb. 7, 2010