Denominations agianst joining the police or the military.

Do you call the police when someone suspicious is around your neighborhood? When our country is attacked are you not comforted by the fact that we have men and women who protect us by going after those who go after us?

I'm no Angel

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:34 PM on Feb. 7, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• The only denom I know of that doesn't allow military or governmental activity is JW. And their reasoning is actually very sound. They believe that you can not be 100% loyal to two governments. And because they are 100% loyal to Gods Government they could not be a loyal part of mans. However this doesn't mean that they do not appreciate or respect the governments, military or even police in staled by man's government. Just that their loyalty lays with their God and because of that they can't be a part of the government of men...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:43 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• JWs is the only one I know of, and for all the reasons Sabrina gave. I know for a fact they respect the government and the military--my mother supports many of our family members over in Iraq with her prayers, cards,and gifts.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 8:34 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• sabrina and lexy are right. Although we remain neutral and choose not to become police officers we do respect the men and women that choose to protect fellow man. I admire them for their bravery, because not everyone can do that job, it's a scary position to be in.
    proudmomma777

Answer by proudmomma777 at 9:05 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• I think the Quakers too.
    Anonymous

• I am tlaking those who preach that's its 'wrong to become one of them. That it's sinful.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:00 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Jehovah's Witnesses and Seventh Day Adventists do this but I do not know why. They do good things like protect us and our safty now there are those that are corrupt but that goes for anything.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:07 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

---------------------------

I'm a jw and it is wrong to join the military and such, to be a part of the human government, but we still do admire and respect them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:09 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Jehovah's Witnesses and Seventh Day Adventists do this but I do not know why. They do good things like protect us and our safty now there are those that are corrupt but that goes for anything
    --------------------------
    It's not the people its the job. We are loyal to God, we cant be loyal to the military. I know the job that they do is difficult and their hearts are in the right place and that is to be commended, but we personally dont involve ourselves with it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:13 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Do you call them if you are being burglarized?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:21 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Also why not just rely on God for your protection?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:22 AM on Feb. 8, 2010