Heartbroken!!! Are these feelings normal or am I just Crazy???

So my husband of 6 months, weve been together on and off 7 yrs, just walked out on me tonight and said he wanted a divorce. Things had been fine I thought. He loved me yesterday but today he says he hates me and wants a Divorce. I feel horrible, like my world has just been shattered. Nothing anybody says helps, Im angry yet hurt and all I can think about is hurting him and making him feel like I do. How can someone do that to their family? Just walk away like your nothing to him? To top it off he was out with another girl last night. I cant imagine life without him, I dont feel like im strong enough to make it through all this. Are these feelings normal or should I seek mental help? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Does it ever get easier and how did you make it through?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:35 PM on Feb. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• Your feelings are totally normal hun, but counseling would help you work through them...it doesn't mean you're some kind of mental case just because you need help through something like this..sometimes friends, even though they may mean well, just can't even begin to help like a counselor can.
    Anonymous

• Your feelings are very much normal. Betrayal, anger, disbelief, grief, shock. Let yourself grieve and cry as much as you need, not-overdoing it in front of the children, of course. Depending on their ages they will be feeling insecure and confused, so you need to assure them that they will be well taken care of. Talk to a lawyer first thing in the morning. Get the locks changed on your house. Better retrieve any money that you can before he does. It will be hard, but you need to stand up and take charge. You can do it.

Answer by Bmat at 7:48 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• Yeah...Normal-but shouldn't you have kind of expected it if it's been on again and off again for 7 years? I could see if it was one year of that and then steady-but...for the entire 7 years?
    Anonymous

• what an asshole. i am so sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 7:54 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• hugsWow, he could have told you this before the wedding! What a jerk. Maybe you just need some time to let things settle down. I know you want him to hurt but after you do it you'd feel badly about it. Don't stoop to his level. In the long run he'll hurt worse than you bc he will lose more.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:11 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• If he was out with another woman last night and you have only been married 6 months - you are the one that should be walking out on him.
    What ever you do - do not let him see how hurt you are by his actions. If you cry and tell him how hurt you are he will see it as if you are being clingy.
    The fastest way to give him a wake up call is to walk away - it's also the hardest thing to do. Never let him see you sweat.
    If there is one thing I know about men - they always want what they can't have. If you stay strong he will be begging you for forgiveness. Just don't give into him too easily.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 8:20 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• YES, ANON.....
    This basically comes down...
    Emotional Abuse....being HE HAS YOU FEELING LIKE YOU NEED HIM....
    Which, is what the do.....
    Plaese, visiti my profile
    IF YOU APPLY --- PLEASE SAY " I AMSWERED YOUR QUESTION"
    ALSO, mail me personally.
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 8:24 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• do what Bmat says. empty all your joint accounts, see a lawyer and find a qualified person to walk you through this. and yes you're normal. i cried everyday for a while. then just on tuesdays, then on tuesdays during my period. the shower is a good place to cry so the kids don't see. oh and telling that girl off,that he was cheating on you with. will do you some good. the tramp my ex. was cheating on me with called and wanted to know why i was blaming the divorce on her and i let her have it. and i did feel better after i did. i also did some other less savory things to her but she has no proof. ssssoooo
    Anonymous

• oh and if his tooth brush is still there ....... the toilet might need a good cleaning.
    Anonymous

• LOOK HUNNY YOUR A WOMAN YOU HAD BABIES YOU CAN MAKE IT THROUGH ANYTHING WITH OR WITHOUT HIM OR ANY MAN FOR THAT FACT. STAY STRONG AND FOCUS ON YOUR CHILDREN AND THE REST WILL FOLLOW.
    nienie21

Answer by nienie21 at 7:57 AM on Feb. 8, 2010