Would you force your young daughter to have an abortion?

Here is the scenario:

Your 11 yr old daughter comes home and tells you she is pregnant. The dad is another young boy in her school. She doesn't want an abortion. She says NO WAY.

Would you still force her into it?

Seems like there are moms on here that would. Which in my opinion completely defeats the concept of "pro-choice".

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:44 PM on Feb. 7, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• an 11 year is not COMPETENT to make that kind of medical decision. If need Be I would take it to court to get a court order for termination. Pregnancy at 11 involves MUCH greater risk of harm than an abortion does. and the COURT would grant the court oder. hands down
    Anonymous

• ONLY if her life is at risk from carrying to full term. Otherwise no. if you are going to act like an adult and have sex then you are going to go all the way and feel what it's like to give birth. You made an adult decision and now you get to deal with the consequences and you get to be a mommy too.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:47 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• I would not force her to abort, adopt or go through the pregnancy and raise the child. That would be a tough situation because I don't think an 11yr old has a clue about having a baby.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 7:47 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• and the COURT would grant the court oder. hands down

Scary that you think that is true. Can you imagine what our country would become like if the courts had a right to force someone into an abortion?? Move to China anon :46. I think you would like it there.
    Anonymous

• an 11 year cannot make an ADULT decion to have sex FYI, who the heck would PUNISH an 11 year old by keeping them pregnant? WTG momma!
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't force her to but I would urge her to place the child up for adoption.
    Anonymous

• At age 11, yes, and then I'd find her another adult to keep an eye on her. Why wasn't Mom keeping a closer watch on her so that she didn 't get pregnant?
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 7:50 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• ELEVEN? That is faaaaaar too young. I honestly don't know what I'd do.
    Anonymous

• NEVER would I force her into killing her baby. I don't care how old she was.
    Anonymous

• who the heck would PUNISH an 11 year old by keeping them pregnant?

Read the question. The eleven yr old does NOT want an abortion. She has her mind made up. A PUNISHMENT would be to disreguard her feelings and disrespect her by telling her YOU have the right to make life decisions for her and she doesn't.
    Anonymous