Anyone else experience tiredness in the first trimester?

Im about two months pregnant, and i have noticed over the last few weeks i have had SEVERE fatigue. It hits me like a brick, one minute I'm wide awake and the next im taking 2 1/2 hour naps! Has anyone else experienced this?

jennishallis

Asked by jennishallis at 7:45 PM on Feb. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yes that is very normal. We all get it. Our body's our work very hard and gets tired faster.
    Anonymous

• sleep away prego i was ALWAYS tired then
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 7:50 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• Don't fight it. You'll need your rest for when that baby comse. And it doesn't end in the second or third trimester. Nor does it end after you have the baby. So...get used to it. lol Is this your first?
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 7:52 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• Yess this is my first. Not expected nor was it planned, but I am looking at it like a blessing! I cant believe how hard the tiredness hits me!
    jennishallis

Answer by jennishallis at 7:55 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• I felt energized in my second and third trimesters, but the first I was tired, and of course after the baby came, very very tired.

Answer by Bmat at 8:07 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• Tired? Tired isnt the word! I slept any chance I could! Literally.Your body is busy making the placenta. Rest up mama.
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 8:12 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• i was super tired. i felt like going to bed at 5pm. i finally would make it to bed around 7, and then sleep until 8 or 9!
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 8:35 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• YES! I fell asleep at my desk at work.. Just boom .. I was done. Get as much sleep as you can!
    momof2cuteboys

Answer by momof2cuteboys at 8:36 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• tiredness? shoot...its more like pure exhaustion,lol. I get so sleepy, I get dizzy and have no choice but to close my eyes. If I could just hibernate till due date...i'd be a happy camper,lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 9:11 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• Definintely. I'm only 4 weeks and I'm exhausted! I'm used to going to bed at 12. It's 9 now and I'm about to go to bed. All day I have been so tired, however, having a 17-month-old little boy makes it difficult to get any Z's! =)

With my son I got an energey surge in my 2nd Trimester and then tired all over again in my 3rd.

Anonymous