Do you ever watch "To Catch a Predator"?

Do you ever think it's the girl's fault as much as it is the guy's for doing something that illegal? I mean believe it or not, there are young girls willing to sleep with grown men. Especially if they are on the internet looking for it and posting pictures of themselves in bikinis. DOn't get me wrong, I'm not saying those men shouldn't be behind bars, but I think both are equally responsible. I remember a guy getting reemed because he was looking at minor girls in bikinis on their my space page, and I'm thinking...why the fuck are these girls flaunting themselves like little sluts anyway? Aren't they just as guilty?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:51 PM on Feb. 7, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• The adult should have enough sense to NOT look! Kids are naive!
    Anonymous

• Not that naive. I had a friend proudly proclaiming that she has a 32 year old boyfriend. She was 16. Is that naivity or just trashy?
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 7:57 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• She's naive.
    Anonymous

• And trashy.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 7:58 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• Naive or not I don't think that's any excuse for the girl to get away with it. THey should both be punished.
    Anonymous

• No, I don't. Nevertheless, it does show why parents have to be vigilant about what their children are doing with the internet. Even adults are taken in by internet communication, forgetting that the virtual world often conceals the real world. We don't know whether the person on the other end of a conversation is a man or woman; a predator or looking for a friend; anything about who s/he is. My husband and I were in a group for people in their fifties. We became very close to someone who said he was an attorney in the Chicago area and even showed a picture of his house. When the group became more cohesive we asked about his wife and wanted to at least say hello. He said she was on-line but we had no way to know. These "reality" shows frighten and depress me. Still, this one should alert parents to the hazards of ignoring their kids' contacts.
    empatheticnana

Answer by empatheticnana at 9:21 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• I think there is blame to place on all parts, including the child. They know damn well they shouldn't be doing it. That's why they keep it a secret, sneak around. It's not like they don't know they shouldn't be doing it, or that it could be dangerous. They just don't care, they think they are invincible, "It could never happen to me". Above all though, the PARENTS are at fault. Parents need to be on their job! And STOP BLAMING EVERYONE ELSE BUT YOURSELF!
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 10:48 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• One thing I do hate is when you hear of sex scandals with a 16 or 17 year old boy sleeping with his hot teacher. They label him a "sex crime victim" while he's strutting his stuff around school. Now all the girls think he's hot and all the guys think he's cool. In many cases I would say the "kid" is not a victim. He got with the hot teacher, and is going to enjoy that memory the rest of his life.
    katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 11:01 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• The adult in the situation needs to use self control& use common sense.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:42 AM on Feb. 8, 2010