difference between a baby bjorn and a store brand front carrier?

what merits the 60 dollar difference? my infantino is a little "cloth"y and uncomfortable, is the bjorn that much better or would it be the same?

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 7:52 PM on Feb. 7, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• oh sweetie! screw both, GET A MOBY STYLE WRAP!
    cheaper, easier to use, more comfortable, and WAY more versitile
    Anonymous

• I used Bjorn with my child and loved it!

Wraps are a pain in the you know what!
    Anonymous

• i tried the moby wrap and it was just so confusing. i want to try it again but i dont want to spend the money if i don't like it :(
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 7:57 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• i bought an expensive sling and my baby HATES it too.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 7:58 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• staciandabay - make one! $5 or less check out wearyourbaby.com for the how-tos on making them
    Anonymous

• Bjorn is worth the money. Myself, as well as my cousins, aunts and sisters have used it.
    Anonymous

• I have both and the bjorn is way more comfortable for longer, even though I suggest getting one that has a waist strap as well to take pressure of your upper back and shoulders
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 8:02 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• Baby bjorns have actually been shown to be bad for babys hips, something about they way they just hang their and all the weight is on the groin and hips....I personally didnt care for wraps as I found them hard to use but some women swear by them and they are better at keeping baby in a more safe and comfortable position that the baby bjorn and other such carriers...the ergo is an excellent carrier, and I currently use an angelpack and LOVE it!!!!!
    jlizgar

Answer by jlizgar at 8:38 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I also say get a Moby wrap! They seem confusing at first, but after the first time I put it on, I could do it no problem. Takes me no time now to get it on and get my son in. I can even do it one handed while holding my sleeping son. I bought mine, but I know you can make them for super cheap too!
    KadenTaeasmom

Answer by KadenTaeasmom at 11:00 AM on Feb. 8, 2010