Will you watch a televised meeting with repubs & dems on health care reform?

President Barack Obama is planning to host a televised meeting with Republican and Democratic congressional leaders on health care reform.

The Feb. 25 meeting is an attempt to reach across the aisle but not a signal that the president plans to start over, as Republicans have demanded, a White House official said.

“I want to come back [after the Presidents Day congressional recess] and have a large meeting — Republicans and Democrats — to go through, systematically, all the best ideas that are out there and move it forward,” Obama said in an interview with Katie Couric during CBS’s Super Bowl pre-game show Sunday.

Obama said he wants to “look at the Republican ideas that are out there.”

“If we can go, step by step, through a series of these issues and arrive at some agreements, then, procedurally, there’s no reason why we can’t do it a lot faster the process took last year,” he said.

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 8:09 PM on Feb. 7, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:10 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• but not a signal that the president plans to start over, as Republicans have demanded,

as well as many democrats.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:21 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• What a novel idea.........

Of course it means nothing except that Obama wants to look like he is doing something good .I'd watch it because
    he has not taken the reins from congress and just because he puts a few middle of the road Dems out there to look like they are listening to Republican ideas it means nothing. I'll believe they want to work together when they acknowledge that some of the Republicans ideas are the same as they want and stop saying Republicans have no ideas.
    I want the bill gone through line by line and all the trash taken out and some conservative ideas added
    Lets do only what works and what works best without bankrupting our kids
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:31 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• Yep this is true carpy which some refuse to face instead they pointed at repubs constantly

I'll probably watch but if there isnt going to be major 'change' in the bill esp removing several things..one being giving the government control of our health care..then it will not matter

in all honesty it truly should be ripped up and a brand new bill created this bill is a joke and it wouldnt even do what you hard liberals want it to..
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 8:31 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• Will it be on C-Span?! LOL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:32 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• Yes, I would and will watch it. I am sure it will be another scolding lecture... but if it's not there could be some good talking points and things I need to write letters about ;) and of course if it is... I can always have a few laughs at Obama's gaffes. Win win in my eyes.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 8:36 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• Of course it means nothing except that Obama wants to look like he is doing something good .I'd watch it because he has not taken the reins from congress

Since when is the president supposed to take control of the congress? Isn't that against the constitution

Anonymous

• Nah I wont be watching it. I think itll just be for show anyway. Healthcare is dead in the water until they look at single payer options. Obama would be insane to pass this joke of a bill without listening to those who voted him in. This show is going to be a way to say see I tried and I lost because of them. That way in 2012 he can say he didnt fail, instead he was roadblocked.
    Anonymous

• I'd rather see an actual meangingful meeting rather than one staged for the cameras with a pre-set agenda designed to make Obama look as good as possible without actually being binding to either party.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:56 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Hrmmmmm... Soooooooooo~ he is going to have this televised "summit" to discuss a bipartisan health care reform? BUT ohhhhh wait..... He isn't going to start from scratch. Even though MANY Americans don't like the current LIBERAL special interest PACKED back room deal having health care scam-bill. Yea.. Sounds more like a Publicity stunt and NOT actual attempts for bipartisan solutions... Obama is pissing away this Presidency with talk that does NOT match action.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:01 AM on Feb. 9, 2010