Getting ready to start clomid!!??

Ok so this month my dr told me to call on the 1st day of af so she can call me in a script of clomid. They ran tests and found out im symptomatic of pcos but dont have the whole syndrome since i dont have the insulin resistance (one of the few symptoms i dont have). So im kind of wondering what to expect from it.. How long do you take it for? How well did it work for you? Im thinking of trying it a couple months before doing the clomid step up then ill just go with that. any help or suggestions would be great! :)

OliviasMommy614

Asked by OliviasMommy614 at 8:12 PM on Feb. 7, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• With my first, we had been TTC for 2 1/2 years. I went on Clomid for 4 months. And nothing. 2 months later I got pregnant. So it definitely helped out. I was very moody on it. And I had headaches. I took it CD 3-7, 50mg.

I just found out I am pregnant with #2 on Friday. It was our 2nd round of Clomid this time. I was taking it days 5-9. I didn't get the headaches this time, but still really bad mood swings. However, it worked, so I can't complain! =)

Good luck to you!
    Anonymous

• I have pcos also and was put on clomid I didn't have any symptoms at all and It worked the first month I ovluated and got pregnant unfortunatly it ended up in a chemical pregnancy so I lost the baby, it had NOTHING to do with being on clomid, best of luck tons of baby dust
    bxmommy2be

Answer by bxmommy2be at 9:11 PM on Feb. 7, 2010