ok hAVE A QUESTION ABOUT MY HEALTH

I AM HAVEING RATTLING IN MY CHEST AND LOTS OF PHLIM I HAVE BEEN SICK FOR A WEEK. I AM 31 WEEKS PREGNANT AND I AM ABOUT TO MAKE A APPOINTMENT TOMORROW. DOES ANYONE THINK I COULD HAVE UPPER RESPIRATORY INFECTION OR SOMETHING WORSE I AM WORRIED

Monkeychick

Asked by Monkeychick at 8:15 PM on Feb. 7, 2010 in Health

• bronchitis
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 8:16 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• ditto
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 8:17 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• sure you could. If you have a fever a temp above 100 you should go to e r tonight. They might refuse to treat you though but at least you'll know. I had a horrible cough at seven months my last pregnancy and went to the e r. The e r doc took a look at my huge belly and told me to beat feet to call my ob.

I did and I ended up having to have my spit tested and I just had a viral cough.

It was all still worth it.

At the very least until you see your ob, sit frequently on a comfy chair in a steamy bathroom out side of the shower itself while you run the shower's very warm water. Done frequently it could help to loosen your yuck.

Feel better mommy!
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 8:28 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• Yes go to the doctor. Definatly sounds like a URI. I coughed so bad with my last baby, I pulled muscles in my stomach and could barely move the last 4 weeks of the pregnancy. It hurt worse than labor, so go get checked out and nip this in the bud, now.
    phantomphan

Answer by phantomphan at 12:05 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• i am only 23 weeks pregnant, and have had a crazy cough for a week too! the most annoying things are, i lost my voice..so i cna't yell at my kids! and i cough so hard that i wet myself!!!
    i am not going to get it checked out, though. it is getting better, and i believe that b/c my body is growing a baby it has less energy to fight a cold...so maybe that is why it is taking longer! i would most likely not take any medication...so i will not get it checked out.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 11:01 AM on Feb. 8, 2010