Advice please...

My child is 3 and says it hurts to sit on her bum. I dont know what to do. She has been in my care all day and has not hurt herself at all. I gave her a bath the min she started complaining about it. That did not help. Should i call the dr tonight or just see how she feels in the morning. She wont sit on her bum. She does not want to go to sleep or anything.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:37 PM on Feb. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

• did she have a hard hard poop today? might have made it hurt?
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 8:38 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• i would probably try to get her to sleep through the night and take her in the morning. it sounds strange honestly, but i depending on how she is acting, doesn't sound TOO serious. if you doubt it though, you could try calling the dr.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 8:39 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• Does she have a rash. First thoughts are that she my be constipated, or have a Urinary tract infection

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 8:40 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• When you look at her and open cheeks gently is she irritated? Of course it could be something minor (in the realm of the world minor) as she's constipated or loose poo and it scared her. Is she potty trained. The other side of the coin is something happened that's not good.

Try having her draw a picture of who she's been with lately. Have you gone to the store and left her with someone? Just draw pictures with her and even say draw a happy picture. Now let's draw a scary picture - see if you can get an idea from that.

If she's crying and won't sit or lay down for hours if she's quiet laying on your tummy in an easy chair or in bed let her rest like that. Ask dd if dd has big poo that doesn't want to come out.

lfl

Answer by lfl at 8:43 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• constipated? if no I would take her to a doctor.. better safe than sorry.
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 8:43 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• She has not pooped tody. that is rare because she goes a few times a day. No rash. So maybe it is constipation or something.
    Anonymous

• yeah it might be constipation then, poor thing
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 8:45 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• She is potty trained. Im a stay at home mom. She is always in my care. No one has been near us the last week because we are all sick. I wipe her always everytime she goes potty. I think it just is constipation. I just feel bad. She has a lot of gas too. She just does not want to sit on her bum. She wants to lay down. Also if she is playing she will just jump up and say her bum hurts. It seems like she keeps just getting pain.
    Anonymous

• ifi- good ideas never thought of that .. its never too early to teach good touch & bad touchs.. good hugs, tell her no one can touch her where her bathing suit covers except the doctor & mom.. even if no one is hurting her its good to learn
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 8:52 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• give her some prunes, maybe she'll take a huge poop and everthing will be fine!!! Get the plunger ready----LOL
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 8:55 PM on Feb. 7, 2010